Rule-43 A: Paternity leave
(1) A male Government staff (including an apprentice) with less than two surviving children, may be granted Paternity Leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a period of 15 days, during the confinement of his wife for childbirth, i.e., up to 15 days before, or up to six months from the date of delivery of the child.
(1) During such period of 15 days, he shall be paid leave salary equal to the pay drawn immediately before proceeding on leave.
(2) The paternity Leave may be combined with leave of any other kind.
(3) The paternity leave shall not be debited against the leave account.
(4) If Paternity Leave is not availed of within the period specified in sub-rule (1), such leave shall be treated as lapsed.
NOTE:- the Paternity Leave shall not normally be refused under any circumstances.